Nov 30, 2010

A Thought

This thought came across my mind and I halted and pondered. This may sound weird but it's true!

It's a random thought about Cars! Cars people!

Well, for majority students studying overseas, the main dishes that haunt you persistently will be mainly your accommodation, Uni days, homesicks, and just things that go about one's life. For Brisbane, public transportation has been innovative, modern and efficient, definitely if compared to KTM in Malaysia, not to mention the bumpy airconless steam-powered bus (sorry for exaggerating about the condition! Just couldn't help). I still remembered when we first came to Brisbane, King George Square, Roma St and Central Station are just like airport terminal. It's amazing to see the massive gap between the modernization and development between my beloved country and this GuiLao's place. Anyway, my point is that, as an international student, one will not really think of getting a car to zoom around, unless the place one resides is really inconvenient, or that one has just too much cash to deposit on. The downsides are that the car maintenance is exclusively expensive, parking fees cost you a fortune though the cars are mesmerizingly cheap.

Ok. Here is my thought. My friends and I have been blessed by many who drive. Isn't it great if someone give you a lift, cutting down your hassle of walking and catching the public transport, and send you straight to the destination. Deep down in my heart, I am so blessed and I am really thankful for you all (you know who you are :P). Therefore, the thought of getting a car has always been tugging at my heart (though foreseeably,it won't be occurring). For me, I want to serve people, especially the bros and sis in lifegroup and church. It just touches your heart so much to be able to stand in the need of someone. I think it is a great act of service, to bless others.

However, funny but true, if you are attached or engaged, the act of service might be disturbed. For once you might be fetching a full car of lovely peeps with Chris Tomlin singing Let God Arise, but the next moment, you will either be driving a person you are infatuated and fallen into with Elton John humming Can You Feel The Love Tonight or "Sorry, I am not heading home now. Can you follow XXX?" Or presumably, once you are fetching a full house of Guys, but the next moment, you are driving a full house of girls (your sweetheart's housemates or mates staying near your sweetheart) :P Isn't it amazing!

Well, for me, if I am blessed with a car, no matter what, I will bless others as long as my days are available. I believe my sweetheart then will understand :P Putting God's children first, loving God's people and seeing them being blessed, just warm your heart.

For now, I love Translink!

No comments: