Dec 9, 2010

Brisbane-KL Part 1

So I officially left the land down under and made a beeline back to the soil I was born and grew up on. At times I regretted for returning home just at the beginning of summer holiday as there are voices calling me to stay back little longer, pressure of getting a part time job, etc. But I could never shrug off the home-calling, after spending a wonderful, impact-ful, eventful and epic year in the Sunshine State. I believe is time to take a breather, to refresh and be renewed, to say Hi and Bye again to my dears, to catch up and to re-ponder life, to roam around spotting the differences, to experience and recall the familiar faces and events of life, to patronize the shops and stops that I once passed by, to break free from the bondage of severe price attack for the sake of savouring the much missed local cuisine, and most importantly, just the feel and status of being home again.

I touched down on KLIA on the 7th morning, clocked 5.40am. Accessed the free wi-fi at the airport MCD and hailed a bus to my previous Inti International University College. Checked in as a visitor. As usual, I walked around the busy commercial district in Bukit Bintang. Pavillion - Farenheit 88 - Sungei Wang - Lot 10. Hunted for food and just for a sim card for my temporary contact during the short stay in Malaysia.

I experienced intense discomfort and somehow just lost the touch of peace with the absence of state of mind, mainly due to my preference of a place that can soothe me. KL is not for me. I dislike the unbalanced growth, mixed culture and people, the pace of life and traumatizing traffic, they are just too much to swallow into my empty stomach. I couldn't take it. Contemplating, presumably my reaction and response are the result of the days that I spent in Australia, where everything from culture to people to transport, just significantly different from Malaysia. There is a massive gap, and I wonder when I can witness the changes bridging the gap.

A decade? This is life, we come and we see. Again, it boils down to the preference of different individual. Aussie are laid back. Malaysians are gambling their lives for a living, or to strive for wealth and status and hoping to be better than others, if not, the best.

Even if a man gains the whole world and lose his soul, what good does he gain?

For whosoever will save his life shall lose it; but whosoever shall lose his life for my sake and the gospel’s, the same shall save it. For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? Matthew 8:35-36

So, what are you after?

No comments: