Jan 3, 2009

Yesterday Once More...

The day after tomorrow, where will you be? They say life is more than a dream. They say life is a rollercoaster. They say life never goes on smoothly as there must be ups and downs in between. What say you? Life goes on. Again, another year will be recorded as history, mankind’s history. “Is you, and me, moving at the speed of light into eternity…” This sounds pretty familiar if you are Christ Brown’s ardent fan. I will use the phrase “at the speed of light” to describe how fast the year of 2008 is going to pass as it draws near to the end of December. Frankly, 365 days seems pretty long but it never is. Reminiscing the past 364 days, I have done nothing much and it’s just another typical day in a year that I sit down and exclaim to myself, “Wow, another year has passed!”

In this year, I spent most of my days perhaps 3 quarters of it in Inti, another quarter in Sibu. I attended two youth camps when I was attending Nilai Methodist Church in Nilai, Negeri Sembilan, attended Chinese Methodist Youth Annual Conference in Penang, Youth Camp in Sarikei, visited and passed by Kuching a few times, Johor Bahru, Melaka, drove pass Penang Bridge on the first time I visited Penang, dated a girl and still dating – first love, did badly for my Math exam, scored 97.45 for my South Australian Matriculation SSABSA Examination, bought a digital camera – Olympus Fe-320, being part of the Rumah Methodist Nilai, scored 101 three points on a rainy night in Inti prior to my departure, made new friends, enjoyed my crazy days and involved in crazy stuff in Inti, took part in Inti Basketball League, attended a ball with her, celebrated her birthday, my birthday and many friends’ birthday, bought a cake for my mom on her birthday (she told me that if she still could remember, that’s her 1st birthday cake… so sad), reunion with all my siblings… the list goes on. There are many things to give thanks as well – for my life in Inti, for my safety on road, for my blessed family, for my result, for my brother’s result, for my girlfriend – such a caring, wonderful person and most importantly, a gal whose heart is after HIM, for my Nilai church pastors, brothers and sisters in Christ, for my friends and many more… (Written on 30th December 2008)

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

My last entry was about a month more ago. On returning to Sibu I have been out most of the days hanging around with my close friends, namely Aron, A Bi, Sd, Candy, Th, Luluyuyu and Chris Brownie. I guess you guys are really interested where we went and what we did. Well, our typical day starts off with A Bi & Aron – our most dedicated and loyal drivers fetching company around, after ensuring the right number we start hunting for food. Different cafes, different taukes and different taste really mean a tonne to us. Like Obama, we demand changes. Change has come to Sibu. Lol, as if. 20 more years la. But a bi is just a diehard laksa lover. He has gargantuan appetite with big pocket and thick wallet. So, no worries. Ensued on is our most exciting part of the day, may it be or not, either CS, DOTA, FIFA or just merely listening to our honey sweet Candy bluffing and blowing cannon. Sometimes we will just drive around aimlessly, cheer at nobody along the roadside, gaze at the passers-by, give the passengers or even motorcar drivers a scare of their life, speed pass pools of water, driving around the roundabouts, give the taxi drivers cold shoulder while in the evening usually we will be heroes under the sun. We put on our respective jerseys and boots kicking around Aron’s field. If you kick too hard they call it “Metallic”. Don’t ask me why. We are not nocturnal creatures but we love hanging out and stop by cafes to catch some football matches. Few days ago we just had our barbecue at Aron’s place and it was fun. I was torn out barbecuing the whole night but the smiles on their faces cheer me on. I love serving people though the food may taste bad.

Recently we found another hideout. Cuppa Kopi Roti, a lovely place for people like us who have nothing to do and nothing to lose. It is air-conditioned, WIFI available and a very sweet place for couples to enjoy their dinner, I wonder. Our existence and arrival should be a disaster for them. Sorry ya. The waiters – a guy and a gal, pretty and handsome couldn’t run away from our eyes. They are appraisable. Hardworking and good looking. Look at me u will know la. Combo pack. Cards, Uno and chess are our main course. We can easily spend up to hours playing and laughing cum tricking the waiters as we wonder the boss will ban us from patronizing again in future unless he has second thought.

Time flies and we gonna depart again. Bidding adieu seems to be part and parcel of our days. A Bi is leaving for UK in days to come, continuing his studies at LSE. On this faithful day I have a chance to meet up his close friend, sorry I don’t know how close coz I don’t have the exact tool to measure, or presumably it’s beyond measurement? Cat with a H at the back. Do u think she is a guy or a gal? Lame joke. This is the 1st time I met her hopefully is the last (haha) but anyway, bravo Bi his company is easy to talk to and a big apple lover. Ha. Coz she is crunching a gigantic apple the moment I boarded the car, and still biting when we disembarked. All the best to Cat in your years in Monash’s Family. God bless you with ample apples.

Aron the big head on the other hand managed to find himself a part time job. I wonder is a job or run away from falling in love with me. He gonna rock the office or company, ripley’s believe me or not. Anyway, on his first day of working he left early for lunch and got a pile of materials to pore over. I hope that the following days will be better or else I gonna visit him near seven and a half miles in Kuching, if time allows. He is a slugabed. Storm his house at 12pm you will get the answer.

Candy is in dilemma and finds it hard to forget his one time lover. He is a boast man and big joker. He is astonished and feeling very awkward and bashful on seeing double S. He was off for scholarship interview on Saturday and going to be a part time teacher. I couldn’t imagine his future students but I must say they are extremely honored to be Candy’s students. I do have one worry over here as we guys might find it difficult to hunt for Candy especially when he mingles around with his students, not to mention the skin color. His dad is still crazy about counting-down. Uncle, please la.

Luluyuyu is stagnant. He never changes. Monotone? Lol. He is even better than that. He will interrupt anybody’s conversation and we do not expect anything meaningful from him. But I think due to his special feature many gals will be crazy about him, that’s why he is still single. He is too linguistic and even if you read between the lines, under the lines or over the lines you will never ever get what he says. Ignore him that’s what we always do to save the day, mind you. He is connected with Lulu, a gal in his age but their status remains “Unfathomable”. Lulu + Yuyu = Luyu – type of mutated fish currently unavailable in market. This name is the brainchild and originated from Aron, popped out somewhere in nowhere.

Sd I will say what goes around comes around. He is now expanding his business at the age of 19 and he has a great future ahead. He gonna be the next tycoon in Sibu. Trust me. People start doing business as early as 5 or 6 am and close at 12am. He starts his at 8 or 9 and closes at 12pm. His business is not as bad. Kudos to him. Recently I heard rumours saying that he discovered the secret recipe of bancuhing YongYang, remember is YongYang not YingYang. He is selling it at RM1.80 per cup. Good job. Master skill, not master kill please.

Christ Brownie is currently obsessed with a gal called Nicky Martin or Nickie Maro at the age of only, only 15. But the world is changing. So can’t blame him la. He is too innocent and looks like a puppy, cute and loving. He is still dota-minded, everyday gg here gg there. He has very close peers namely Tiny and Bobby. Sounds like animal right? Oh, heard that he stunned the whole class and open fired as he almost topped the class from the back. I know, he always likes to backside people. Bravo Chris, keep up the good work. You will bring cheers and smiles to your family. As brother, I am extremely proud of you!

Me ah? To be humble I am still humble, looking good and feeling good, unavailable and last warning to gals around, stop peeking and stalking me ok? I understand why but what to do? Just don’t get crazy about me la. I can’t help oi… Gongchiu?

No comments: