Mar 3, 2009

Another Station

It has been more than two weeks time since I landed on this piece of land called Brisbane. All the while it has been hectic from the rising sun till the end of the day. I have been trying to adapt myself to the life here, food, culture, ascent, and all the differences Aussie are having. Uni has been fantastic. My schedule is totally packed on Monday while it fades to the end of a week. Assignments and works are piling up since the very 1st week.

Since landing on Queensland, I have been attending two churches, namely Sherwood Methodist and Hope Brisbane. Both churches are unique in their own way and I love both. One is conventional while the other tends to be charismatic. Both pastors are good. I am still wondering to settle down on one church or attending both. If time allows, I would like to attend both as I personally feel that I have gained a lot since attending both churches as the messages are different and dynamic. Church friends have been awesome. I just adopted a mother and I bet the family here will be soon - complicated as compared to my family in Inti. Keeping my mind and spending my time at church activities are just part and parcel of my uni life. I have a plan. Although I know that my priority here is to study and graduate, I want to achieve something far beyond than that, either in my personal walk with God, my circle of friends, my course mates, my future working partners, my future rivals, and just all sorts of aspects. I want to equip myself with wide array of skills and knowledge and open my eyes to the enchanting world outside. Life in Uni is different. People say Uni life is the most wonderful period of time in a person's life. I just kicked off the starting line. It will be a distance run. Will it be amazing? Let's wait and see.

1 comment:

Valerie said...

it will it will!
so excited for you!..
and bear in mind besides your big Daddy up there, you have a cheerleader right here! cheering you on through all your dreams, ambitions..and even obstacles and challenges!
hearts!