Mar 3, 2009

Proverbs 6

Proverbs 6 reminds me of my past and even my presence where my ego conquers me subconsciously. I am a competitive person and most of the times I could not afford to lose. For example, I will strive to the end to gain victory in whatever endeavours I participate including social games. I take everything hardly and I cant deny that I feel good and proud when I succeed. Sometimes, I will give numerous excuses for losing such as the weather is bad, the ball is lousy, my teammates lacked skills, etc. In times of victory, I am in seventh heaven and will keep recalling how good I am. Sometimes I will jeer and mock others for being less productive and underperformed. I tend to look at the negative side of others while on the other hand, thinking of how good I am. I am a fool. Proverbs 6 tells us that God hates seven types of people:
1. A lying tongue
2. Haughty Eyes
3. Hands that shed innocent blood
4. A heart that devises wicked schemes
5. Feet that are quick to rush into evil
6. A false witness who lies
7. A man who stirs up dissension among brothers

What sort of person I am, I sincerely know from the bottom heart. Proverbs tells us that the commands are a lamp and the teaching is a light and the corrections of discipline are the way to life. Proverbs 6:23. The second part of Proverbs 6 reminds me for being lustful. Hot chicks are mouth watering. Sexy body, curvaceous body line, luscious eyes, wow! Awesome! Irresistible! I have been telling myself that it's always nice to see. That's all. No second thought. It's right to admire, to exclaim, but it's lawfully wrong if we have second thought. But how many times I have hit the boundary? The bible tells us when we look at a woman with lustful eyes, we have committed adultery.

This is my prayer.
Dear God, I confess that I am sinner that I am proud of my success and capability. I would like to seek for your forgiveness and your mercy upon me, that your words will be rooted in my heart, lead me and guide me in my daily life. Lord, help me to learn to be humble, appraise and lift up others, look at their positive side and appreciate them. Lord, purify my heart, take away my lust so that I will keep my feet out from adultery. I pray that Lord you will continue to sustain me and be my strong refuge in my daily pursues, that I can live up to the image of Christ and be more like Jesus. Teach me your way Lord, show me your way. Open my eyes Lord, so that I can see and understand your will. Strengthen me and may I find peace in you. Thank you Lord for hearing my prayer, in Jesus most precious name I pray, Amen!

1 comment:

Valerie said...

Dar..it's so good that you came to God in such humility in trying to repent of all these shortcomings. i almost cried as i read your sincere post. continue to seek God fervently..and actively pursue His will for you, because i'm sure He has great things installed for you! when you are weak, that is when you say "i am strong", because you're in Him! AMEN!