Jan 25, 2011

When Money Is Powerless

Often, little conversation or a simple statement can convey a heart cry of a soul.

I was having supper with two fellow friends after a game of futsal. On our way home, one friend's mobile rang and it was his dad concerning of the time, late to be home.

"I'm on my way home now. Just eaten. Reaching home soon." Friend A.

"Wah, your dad called just asking your whereabouts. My dad will never call me regardless what time I reach home." Cried Friend B.

"My dad can't sleep if any of us (siblings) is not home yet." Friend A.

Can you see the message Friend B trying to convey?

It is a cry to be cared. He is longing for concern. In short, it is a demand of love.

Friends, often we hear that, "Money is power. You can't survive without having pennies." "I want to be rich one day." "I want to earn all possible dollars." "How I wish I can be as rich as him/her." "One day, I will marry a rich guy." "Criteria for my future partner? He/she must be rich." So on.

When one gains the whole world, he is on top of the world. Yet it is the most vulnerable time for he has everything to lose.

You can't purchase love. You can't purchase values. You can't purchase personality. You can't purchase integrity.

It will just be the materials, to clothe you and to woo some temporary friends.

Perhaps when you are out there, all eyes are on you. But yet, you are crying due to loneliness. You are insecure. You become sceptical. Self-consciousness creeps in then the roots of all evils engulfed you.

Looking to the eternal, pursuing the everlasting.

Are you a gold digger? What are you after?

No comments: