Mar 12, 2011

The Purpose of Doing All This

Perhaps it is my strength or just that I love doing it, I have been involving or at least been partly participating in organizing quite a number of events, mostly to do with church or Christian movement.

None of it has been easy. Getting your team to roll together with you, tackling with communication issues, ensuring every member knows his/her role and complete the task assigned on time, calling for meetings, and even there is now a new culture formed that is to cook dinner for your team. Many days you drained yourself and figuring out solutions to the problems identified, on the other hand getting your sponsorship team to hunt for good sponsors, either food, cash, vouchers or prizes.

Having said that, I often question myself the purpose and objective of doing all this. What does it mean, and why should I hassle myself getting myself into extra responsibility? At times I couldn't imagine putting myself in the shoe of organizing events outside the Kingdom, that is merely for fun, meaningless and beating the air. If I were tired, what can keep me going?

The only answer and only purpose, certain enough is for the glory of God and His Kingdom purposes. Looking and recalling back, most of the events that we are dealing with have direct contact with non-believers and often we see the events as opportunities and paths to bridge closer relationship with them, to usher them to the truth of life and by the end of the day, One more is added to the Kingdom with all the heavens and angels rejoicing.

It is the Love that compels and motivates us. It is the Passion for Christ and His people that keep us going. We have one thing in mind, that is to serve the One God One Truth One Way wholeheartedly with One Heart One Spirit One Unity. Of the little that we can offer on the earth, may Your name be forever praised, that people will see Your glory and testimonies in life of many ones. We believe, through we what we do and offer, people will come to know Christ!

No comments: