Dec 9, 2011

The Constant Grace

God enables us to make it, no matter what. God's unfailing grace is ever ready to pick us up. Never inadequate, never ever depleted. It won't run out. No expiry date, will not rotten. It can carry us to as far as we believe in God.

It is not depending on our own adequacy, but God's sufficiency. Is the old Paul adequate? Yet God chose him. Therefore Paul can really say it out loud, applicable to all of us that,

But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. ~ 2 Corinthians 12:9

In our weakness we see God's overwhelming grace that sustains us.

God's grace saves us, directs us, guides us, hears our cry and carries our burdens and sorrows, provides all our needs, keeps us going, and never leaves us alone.

Therefore, can man give us grace like God?

Knowing Christ can fill our inadequacy is the greatest comfort and encouragement. For that, we do not need to rely on ourselves, knowing that no matter how hard we try, if we rely on our own might and strength, we can fail. But think in the way that Christ is equal to any task that we face. Nothing is too big, or too small for His grace to handle.

So convince me, that I cannot be my own God, or make myself happy, nor my own Christ to restore my joy, nor my own Spirit to teach, guide, rule me.

Convince me, that if I venture forth alone I will stumble and fall, but on Your arms I am firm as the eternal hills.

So, be my strength to stand, my light to see, my feet to run, my shield to protect, my sword to repel, my sun to warm.

All I need is your constant grace. ♥


No comments: