Dec 11, 2011

Stir it through God's Glory

Sometimes, we don't need to say much. Even if we get fired up, people might still not heed what we trying to convey. Christ is the solution.

How to catch the fire? How to stir one another to catch a deeper conviction? How to motivate one another? How can we turn the lukewarm or the pathetic into passionate people for Christ? I am not there yet but I am learning.

The holy discontent that is oozing out and the feel of wanting to burst is unbearable. But God, how? Why? When?

I was blessed to meet a missionary team from Sydney today and had a really good chat, sharing and hearing from one another over the dinner. They are pumped up. They are lunatic for God. But this brother shared something similar of what I am experiencing right now - How do I motivate my team members if they happen to slack and lose concentration? Should I just bear with them and show grace as how I am told by my leader? Should I just stand and watch, trusting God that he gonna show up?

Interesting. As I read this passage after I came back home, it spoke straight into my heart. Bingo! New perspective! New dimension!

Just display God's glory to them. Just display God's love to them. Just display God's the mighty-to-save power. At the same time, show compassion and understanding towards the challenges or struggles that they might be facing. Just show them who God is, why God is everything, why Christ should be the center. But at times, when they really need a push or momentum, give them a kick. Challenge them, stir them, but don't bombard or overheat them. It's like stepping on the accelerator to the full without warming up. The engine will get burnt!

I learn that everyone might not be on the same page. Rather, it's difficult to get everyone to not just turn to but stay and progress from the same page to the next. This is life. Things happen.

Understanding and being able to care for them is just like taking the right medicine when facing different kind of illness or sickness.

Sometimes, we preach too much. The best way is to walk the talk. People will see a living preacher who practises what he or she says, rather than just mere talks, advices, encouragements etc and they will tend to follow or imitate. That's how some get encouraged, motivated and stirred.

Paul says in 1 Corinthians 11:1, "Follow my example, as I follow the example of Christ."

The ultimate and immaculate role person to follow is none other than Christ, but still, we can set ourselves as examples for others to follow with Christ the ultimate monitor.

So God, teach me, mould me and may I walk like one, displaying your glory and majesty.

No comments: