Dec 20, 2011

My Identity


12.30am

I stood in front of the mirror in my bathroom, gazing and looking forlornly into the mirror to locate my identity. It has been a journey, yet I questioned myself again – “Who am I? Who am I representing? I am created in the image of God, but on this day, can people see Christ in me?” It's a good reflection, a just in-time self-check. 

I know my identity is in Christ. I am called to be the ambassador of Christ on this earth and God is making his appeal through me. Have I been shining? Have I been leading people to the Cross, pointing them to the Truth, or have I been tainting God’s glorious image? 

Ambassadors are sent to a foreign, often unfriendly country. John 20:21, “As my Father has sent me, I am sending you.” Why ambassador? I am reminded that as a traveler in a foreign country (this earth), I must remember I am not at home and deserving comfort. This world is not my home, I am just passing through. I am called the “foreigners and exiles” 1 Peter 2:11. I am a pilgrim, my ONLY abode is in heaven. Yet, have I been diligent and handling my assigned duty well?

Again, I am reminded that I am here not by chance but by God’s choosing. His hand formed and made me the person I am. I am one of a kind. I lack nothing that His grace can't give me. He has allowed me to be here at this time in history to fulfil His special purpose for this generation.

So who am I? I am proud to introduce you, I am Joshua A.K.A Ah Beng . Sing Hoe, God’s chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God’s special possession. 

I am … 

Fearfully and wonderfully made (Psalm 139:14)
Precious to God (Isaiah 43:4)
Cared about since my conception (Isaiah 46:3)
God's child (John 1:12)
Jesus' friend (John 15:15)
Chosen by Jesus (John 15:16)
Loved dearly by God (John 16:27)
Free from condemnation (Romans 8:1)
A temple - a dwelling place - of God's Spirit (1 Corinthians 3:16)
Redeemed and forgiven for all my sins (Colossians 1:14) ~ Verla Gilmore

You can have the same citizenship. Application is free. Let me introduce you my King, Jesus Christ. 

No comments: