Jun 16, 2011

Contract


Recently my mind has been stuffed up with all the information regarding Contract Administration. Moreover, I will be battling for exams for the coming weeks.

Relating to contract, little do I realize that almost everyone has gotten into a contract in some ways or the other. It can be the contract that we sign when purchasing house, land and car or contract that we sign for renting purposes, or just generally an agreement that we have agreed to with another party. Most contracts are legally enforceable which means both parties must abide to the law. Breaching the conditions stated in the contract can triggers legal action. Apart from that, it takes certain requirement for a contract to exist. It must need party to offer, party to accept, consideration, genuine consent of both parties and legality of objects.

However, the greatest contract that I have ever signed is not my contract with my scholarship provider, but my King Jesus.

God offered His one and only begotten Son, Jesus.
I, the wrecked and sinful person accepted the offer, knowing how unworthy I am.
Consideration: Freedom from the bondage and sin and most importantly, Salvation - Eternity.
The Contractual Fee: I paid Nil, Jesus was crucified on the Cross, He paid His life. Freely He gave, freely I received.

The nature of the contract is that I can fail, but God will never fail. To allow the contract to effect, it requires my obedience, faith, love, perseverance and so much more, more than just commitment. God on the other hand, pouring out His abundant Grace, Mercy, Love and Blessings. God is the party that will never withdraw nor will He possibly breach the contract. The contract is up to me to accept, keep or nullify.

I am the party who benefit from the contract. Does God, the other party gain? God He doesn't need me, but He wants me. He actually cares about me and that truly overwhelms me as I know how finite I am, wondering if God ever noticed me. I am the party that benefits greatly for as I entered the contract, I was given a new life. The old has gone and the new has come. Not only that, things and habits started changing. I have gone through and still going through process of transformation and renewal. Every single day, I drink from the living water and live by grace alone. I am empowered by the Spirit that lives in me after I signed the contract, and the Spirit convicts me of my sins and weaknesses. The Spirit bears great fruits in me, such as Joy, Peace, Love, Patience, Self-Control.... Nine of them. I desire all and I should have all and is free!

It is just weird, where on earth in any contract, that the other party actually wants the Best for you? My God does.

Argghhhh... Days and nights are not enough for me to pen down all the goodness and blessings since I entered into this contract. The greater things are still yet to come, so much more! I pray that the day the contract being terminated on earth, is when I depart from the world, leaving for my abode in heaven. I resolved to love Him and serve Him till my last moment.


On this day, would you want to sign this contract? A great journey ahead is awaiting you. Don't worry, you got nothing to lose!

No comments: