Jun 10, 2011

The Moment


Recently there was this little clip of a Mobbed Wedding being widely circulated on Facebook. It was a magnificent one and I believe most girls actually cried after watching it. It is not just a mobbed proposal, but a proposal plus wedding. Indeed, if I were the bride, I couldn't even dare to imagine what might have just happened after the entire session. It gonna be like "Oh my gosh, yesterday I was still in a relationship and everything was just typical and normal, but now I am wearing a wedding ring and I am married!" It was indeed a massive and creative mobbed proposal plus wedding, and some titled it as the greatest wedding on the earth, greater than the Royal Wedding.

Looking from the perspective of the man, it was just incredible. I couldn't fathom how many hundreds of hours and effort he had poured in, not to mention the numerical cost that he had to fork out. Hundreds of participants, dancers, crew, relatives, band and best friends flew in from different states, and parents for both side were invited. Moreover, massive choreography was portraited. Can you imagine the time and arena for practice and just to get hundreds of people coming together for one purpose? It was like a show, so perfectly done from different angles as being a spectator deriving from the clip. I do hope that it is a real one. Aha!

Everything aside, I have to salute and respect the man. He so wanted to marry her, and that revealed how much she meant to him and how much he valued her. At the same time, I gotta say as a man, I "hate" him as he had set an incredible benchmark and standard and causing more women out there dreaming of their romance and greatly escalated their expectation. Guys, SIGH!

Everything and the tremendous preparation was all meant for the significant moments, the big flabbergasted "YES", "I DO" and the exchange of ring to officially married the couple.

Likewise for Christians today, the moment we accepted Christ into our lives, we are accumulating and working towards the second coming of Jesus. I hope we are preparing for that. Those things include attending Sabbath service, cell group, prayer meeting, personal devotional time, ceaseless prayers unto God, sharing the Good News in the streets, serving God in different ministries etc. When we know Christ, we find our life purpose. There is this moment that all believers should greatly anticipate, which is the return of Christ in glory. However, it is not mere "working" towards our eternity. The Bible says we are saved not by our works, but by Grace alone through Faith. It is putting the belief and trust in God alone, and developing that intimate relationship with God daily. It is about living on a transforming life and walking through the ups and downs together with Christ. It is about knowing the Creator and craving to dwell in His presence.

Looking at the man in the video, no word can probably describe his love for his fiancee and that was justified through his action. Today, where is Christ's position in us? Is Christ still the First Love, or has Christ ever been our First Love? Do we love our God more than anything else?

Luke 14:26-27 says: "26 “If anyone comes to me and does not hate his father and mother, his wife and children, his brothers and sisters—yes, even his own life—he cannot be my disciple. 27 And anyone who does not carry his cross and follow me cannot be my disciple."

Where is God's position in our life today? If Jesus is to return tomorrow, are we ready to receive Him?

No comments: