Jun 1, 2011

Counting Thy Faithfulness

Within 2 weeks time, I encountered His marvelous faithfulness and favour. I would like to dedicate this post to my Abba Father who has never failed to impress me.

Remember a few weeks ago, I wrote about receiving my lowest grade ever throughout my university life for one of my favourite subjects. I am here to testify His goodness.

After having a conversation with my mentor, I decided to seek for a review. I had drained much effort into this piece of assignment, I believe the outcome is not what I deserve. Prior to my appointment with my lecturer, a friend of mine told me how sarcastic the review and comment she received from the lecturer. There was no ground of consideration as she actually failed her assignment. However to her astonishment, instead of showing mercy, she received harsh feedback, tearing her heart apart as she shared to us her experience. I was held back, seeing that I will most likely end up hitting a rock, might as well just pull back. However, a voice from nowhere asked me to proceed on with my decision. Review filed.

Later in the afternoon, my lecturer texted me for a meet up. We ran through the assignment and he pointed out some minor mistakes yet couldn't convince me to deserve a low grade. It was to my surprise that he promised to read through my work again in detail and will submit to the unit coordinator for a re-mark. A week later, he sent me an email informing the change of grade! Yes, an upgrade! The good news just came so in time as I was losing my confidence and like an old-battered warship . God is good, I can only sing.

Three days ago, my group mate and I received another major assignment. It was a fairly good piece of work as we obtained high distinction. The lecturer left a comment saying "See me ... etc". Our meet up turned into a funny conversation.

"Excellent job. Very well done guys. Did you guys cheat?"
"Thanks thanks. Er.. No we don't!"
"It's indeed really good. I like everything about it. Incredible. Who helped you?"
"Er... God?"

Upon hearing "God", my lecturer gave me a bewildered look. He should have thought that I am a religious person. But yeah it is my God! I should have yelled specifically - JESUS! Yeah, hope that he will know my God one day.

Today, God surprised me again! I loved it as I didn't expect that. This round was a team based assignment which most of us were dreadful of. Recalling those nights we kind of fumbled through. Recalling those endless moments we yelled at each other how hard it was. Again, God poured his favour upon our team as we pressed in to trust Him. We were so close to be nominated as the winning team for the project we were involved in, but the final decision of selecting the best out of the top two performing teams ousted us. The teaching and projects were issued by one of the biggest construction firms in the world - Bovis Lend Lease. Despite our lost, we were assured a place for interview if we ever apply for a job from the company. Our names will be submitted to the human resource department. Isn't God good?

How great is my God? Great is Thy Faithfulness. How can I not praise Him?

I have resolved to serve Him faithfully and to seal my Trust in Him forever.

No comments: